Thursday, March 06, 2008


Down with the Sickness...

Zicam has been my friend this week. We were introduced by Chris Carmichael and the CTS podcasts. Since last Saturday, I've been nuking my low-grade cold with the swabs every four hours. I was able to run an hour on Saturday, ride for 90 minutes on the Hy-Vee Triathlon course, but lost my voice after returning home.

I haven't trained since, catching up on reading, school, work and family time. It's all good - and the new Fuji Pro Cross showed up today, so better get it dialed before rolling later this weekend. Rad.

Top Seven Things to do When You're Sick.
7. Great excuse to go out for Mexican with lots of jalapenos...
6. Forsake all training because you just feel like crap.
5. WATER! WATER! WATER!
4. Bring on the Chicken Pho!
3. Sleep in and really enjoy that first cup of coffee in the morning while watching Tour de California reruns.
2. Graciously bow out of any impending social engagement...
1. Pray every day to get over it and get back in the saddle...

No comments: