Friday, October 03, 2008

Two days to go before we take over Newton with cyclocross once again! I made the rounds to our sponsors and picked up some sweet prizes and schwag yesterday. 

Cash prizes are supported by UME COMPETE - stay tuned for more information about this exciting organization!










I stopped by the Jasper Winery  to see the Groben family, try out their incredible new Norton red, and get a tour of the new facility. Wow - it is totally incredible what they did. It is like stepping off Flagg Parkway and into Napa! Kudos on the great space and look forward to some great events going on, too! Let's just say I have a case of their finest ready for  Sunday 






 Greg Rasmussen and the gang at Rasmussen Bike Shop are truly special. I've had the pleasure of working with them since developing the Waterworks Park Omnium a few years ago. They stepped up in a big way to make bike racing rise to a whole new level with their support and AWESOME sound system to make us look legit. They're helping us with the raffle yet again and providing some prizes on the day as well.


 Active Endeavors has joined in a big way as supporters of the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America, Iowa Chapter. I picked up some excellent gift cards from Jason and Missy yesterday and a pair of running sandals I've had my eye on for the last year. That's what it is all about - supporting the businesses that support you!



Justin at Bike World Merle Hay is one of my all-around favorite guys. He's the most loyal and giving supporter I know. I've had the opportunity to really work with him at the store and the Warehouse Sales. He knows his stuff about bikes, product selection and how support the sport. Let's just say I've got a BIG box of stuff to open on Sunday!

I don't have the Goodtimes Mfg and Garrett Davis Graphic Design logos... if they even have 'em ;) but, Terry, Angela and G have been fantastic in designing and putting together the most rad cyclocross t-shirt around. It is humbling to hear how much people prize these things - so I'm going to enjoy distributing over 100 this weekend!






 




Graziano's Italian Grocery in Des Moines and Hy-Vee in Newton are being so kind to help us out with something I've wanted to do for years! My dad will be grilling Italian Sausages, hamburgers and hot dogs on the course on Sunday (yes, like in Belgium!) - so if you think cyclocross is tough... wait until Sunday. We'll take it to a whole new level when you're drooling from the pain and salivating for a good sammich!




Oakley has had the best product on the planet for as long as I can remember and it is always getting better. Check out the latest Radars and specs on the market. They fit great and look rad! Oakley has always been a huge supporter of cyclocross. Thanks for the great O-wear and support.










I'll hear from Mike G. at Court Avenue Brewery this afternoon, but expect a big can of hoppy goodness for the big kids and some root beer for the little kids. I won't tell you how much sugar goes into the root beer, so the kiddie's reaction will be a surprise!
















Oh yeah - We made the Newton Daily News yesterday! CHECK IT OUT!






No comments: