Wednesday, April 30, 2008


HOW MUCH TIME HAVE I LOST?

Got the free pass to ride the Tuesday Night Worlds last night for the first time in over two years.

Here is how it went wrong.
  1. Rode a cross bike with 48x38 when everyone else was rocking either Specialized, Guru or Trek rockets.
  2. No one to ride with once I was shelled.
  3. Ride #5 for 2008.
Here is where it went right...
  1. Realized I just don't like road riding.
  2. TT training and road riding are polar opposites.
  3. Recognized big packs still suck and people cannot ride in pacelines / echelons / or pace consistently.
  4. Admitted I just don't care about the roadie scene.
  5. Got home early for quality family time.
  6. Know I want to do Taco next week before summer school starts!
This sort of conversation happens quite a bit - where you balance the alternatives and recognize where time and resources are best spent. My time is too valuable to waste for over three hours of travel and handlebar chewing. If I spend it wisely - I will be a much happier, and faster camper in what matters and that is 75-135 minutes of swimming, biking and running.

No comments: