Wednesday, April 23, 2008


Great News After 23 Days of No Posts!

Since I finished my MBA MIS class this spring, family time has been a big investment. That is the thing I'm most proud of - besides surviving a weekend in Silver Dollar City, y'all.

I'd like to say that I'm more motivated than ever to ride, run, swim and race this summer, but it is seriously waning at this point. I still haven't signed up for Hy-Vee Triathlon or any of the local Copper Creek Triathlon.

Why?

  1. Haven't run with any intensity since Friendly Sons 10K (39.12 PR).
  2. MIS 534 had a final, final presentation, final paper and two papers due in the last week.
  3. Swimsuits have been hanging in my office since March.
  4. Work has been stacked.
  5. Branson, MO is not built around fitness. It is a drive-by city. No bike or run allowed.
  6. Malcolm still doesn't sleep.
  7. Four bike rides, two flat tires.
  8. Teaching 40 minutes a week of YMCA spin and pilates is good, right?
  9. Grillin & drinkin' is protein and carbo-loading, right?
  10. Desire just isn't there.
When the desire isn't there and life is stacking up on you - don't force the work. Spend the time on quality endeavors - family then everything else should fall in accordingly. Keep a mind to fitness, get a few sessions in when you can, eat right (most of the time), and enjoy life.

P.S. The Fujina still hasn't been re-cabled since I bought the parts over a month ago. Should have had Fry-guy do it. Ugh.

No comments: