Friday, May 16, 2008

Big Decisions In May

I called the spring tri campaign off three weeks ago. Family, work and the summer MBA schedule was piling up. So I cut out my own racing goals and training, dropped a work commitment and am reshuffling the deck this year. That in in itself is stressful enough, but liberating as well.

I've been lucky to have the support and freedom to excel in the sprint, olympic, 70.3 and XTERRA circuit in 2006-07. Even luckier to fit in some killer 5k, 10k and 50k run performances as well.

This will pass and once my plate clears, I can enjoy training and racing again.

In other news - CyclingNews.com has a great prep article for the fall cross season. I'm considering hitting the weight circuit at the YMCA this summer to mix things up a bit. The downtown location has an interesting circuit set up that they purchased last year. I spent some time on it then and liked it... but not enough to continue.

Cyclocross training and promotion was the original intent of the blog - so far, I've digressed into training for tris, running and cooking. We'll see where the ride goes from here - maybe commuting ;)



More to come.

2 comments:

None said...

Marc,

I'm sorry to hear that you won't be able to do the triathlon. I read you run a lot, and was wondering if you'd given any thought to doing the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation's Team Challenge half marathon training program? The website is here: www.ccteamchallenge.org but shoot me an email at my username @gmail.com and I can get you more information on it!

Godfather Marco said...

Thanks Alex -

I haven't been very much in touch with the CCFA Team Challenge. It looks like a very good proposition for motivation and fundraising.